5 Tips on Selling Your Home in the Winter!
Any Louisville real estate agent may tell you that it's harder to sell your property during the winter. The days are shorter and colder which leaves less time to show your home to potential buyers.
The good news, though, is that most of the Buyers looking at homes in the winter aren't just wasting time. They are serious about finding a home.
There are a few things that can be done to welcome the people looking and leave a good impression behind:
1. Make sure the walkways are safe. Spread ice melt or sand to provide better traction in snow or ice. Shovel the driveway and sidewalks to make the property appear more inviting and maintained. Place a mat by the doors, so visitors can wipe their feet.
2. Keep the house warm. Buyers tend to remember a house that was pleasant and warm on a frigid day. It will, also, demonstrate that your furnace is working efficiently.
3. To welcome potential buyers with a delightful scent, bake cookies the day of the showing. Some people are sensitive to fragrances left by air fresheners, so skip those when expecting people to view your home.
4. Leave snacks in the kitchen. This will give the potential buyer a reason to linger a little bit longer. If the weather is really cold, you could provide chili or soup in a crockpot and have disposable, cute bowls for serving. Or, for something simple, have coffee or hot chocolate and cookies. Be sure to inform your agent before leaving snacks out so he/she knows that they are for the buyers viewing the home.
5. Make your house appear warm and inviting. Turn the lights on, place warm tone throws and pillows around the living room. Put on some soothing music, but keep the volume low enough so the potential buyers can talk to each other.
It is possible to SELL your home in the winter by using these helpful techniques that have been proven to help present a home in a better way during the cold months.
If you are ready to sell your home, call me today at 502-643-2255 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to help you with your real estate needs regardless of the season. If you would like to search the MLS system to check out what is available, please search ALL Greater Louisville and surrounding counties available properties by going to www.soldbyk.com and start searching.
Karen Rodriguez, Integrity Group Realtors 502-643-2255