Why it is to YOUR benefit to Work with a Realtor!
The term REALTOR is a registered trademark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. Here are some of the reasons why it pays to work with a REALTOR.
1. You'll have an expert to guide you through the process. Buying and selling a home requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds and multi-page settlement statements. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal and avoid delays or costly mistakes.
2. Get objective information and opinions. Realtors can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, property history, subdivision history, tax information and more. They'll also be able to provide objective information about each property. A professional will be able to help you answer these two important questions: Will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value?
3. Find the best property out there. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market place and it will take some investigation by your Realtor to find all available properties and their stats.
4. Huge benefit from their negotiating experience. There are many negotiating factors, including price, financing, terms, date of possession and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings or equipment. In addition, the purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriately desired inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. The agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Property marketing power. Real estate doesn't sell due to advertising alone, nowadays. A large share of real estate sales come as the result of a practitioner's contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends and family- a huge database gathered over the years. An extensive internet marketing plan with proven results can only be obtained through a Realtor. When a property is marketed with the help of a Realtor, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your Realtor will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
6. Real estate has its own language to navigate through and you need a professional who is immersed in the industry who knows the language.
7. Realtors have done it before, time and time again and up on all the education, new technology, the constant changing financing options. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. Times are changing ever so fast, with all the government regulations. So even it you have done it before, laws and new regulations are a ongoing process to navigate through. Realtors, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. Having an expert on your side is critical now days.
8. Buying and selling is emotional. A home often symbolizes family and security. It is not just four walls and a ceiling. The home buying and selling can be an emotional undertaking. The home will be, for most people, the largest purchase they'll ever make. Having a objective, third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you.
9. Every member of the National Association of Realtors makes a commitment to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. It is mandatory for Realtors to take the Code of Ethics orientation and they are also required to complete a refresher course every four years.
Contact me to help with any and all of your real estate needs. I will show you what years of experience (29 years) can do to help you in the real estate market.