The Top 10 Trendiest Home Features
Whether you are thinking of selling your home now or in the near future or have your eye on remodeling and want to make sure you will have a solid return on your investment, think about which features make your home more desirable when it is time to sell. You want your home to stand out in front of the crowd. Be the trend setter and not the trend follower.
An analysis of the Realtor.com listings over the past five years found that the following items were listed most often, solidifying a venerable spot among buyers favorites.
1. Open Floor Plan
2. Open Kitchen
3. Vaulted Ceiling
4. Walk-in closet
5. Formal Dining Room
6. Stainless steel appliances
7. Granite Counter
8. Wood Floor
As a Broker in the industry for over 32 years, I have seen many trends come and go and come again. In addition to the above 10 items I would like to add a few myself that I have seen most recent.
1. Outdoor living spaces with fireplaces or fire pit for gatherings.
2. Open Concept Homes
3. Energy-efficient Fixtures and Appliances
4. Two-tone kitchen cabinets. Keeping the upper cabinets white or neutral for a clean timeless feel then the lower or center island going with a color or various wood tones to create two different style directions.
5. Extra large format tile making an appearance in both the kitchen, baths, laundry rooms.
6. Niche appliances for a little added luxury in the kitchen.
7. Workhorse large Islands in the kitchen. Large islands add additional work space but also tremendous amount of storage, prep sinks, room for seating. These islands have become the focal point of the room.
8. Statement mirrors in the Bathrooms. Seeing a lot of large wood-framed beauties, backlit modern marvels creating style in the bathroom.
9. Kitchens that embrace openness with raw materials being used. Modern materials, finishes and colors also being used. Like a butcher block counter tops getting broken up with soapstone near the stove and Carrara marble on a nearby baking station.
10.Surprising back splash and counter tops. The traditional subway back splash and granite counter tops are becoming boring and the newest trend is brick back splash with concrete counter tops or like yellow ceramic tile with butcher block cg.
11. Attention seeking bedrooms. The ole so popular TV show "Fixer Upper" and the popular ship lap or bolder looks like a rustic wood wall and ceiling feature warms up the room and creates character. The days are gone where a fresh coat of paint is more desirable than a beautiful feature wall that creates character and warmth.
12. Master Baths that feel like a spa or a living space extension from the house.
13. Fireplaces and fire features are always a big hit and desire and are coming back as a living room focal point in lieu of the dark void of a TV screen.
As always if you are thinking of remodeling any part of your home and would like an opinion from a resale standpoint, feel free to call, text or email me. I would be happy to help you. Also if you are giving your home a little update with the intention of selling it soon, definitely call me and I would be happy to guide you through the biggest bang for your buck and spend as little as possible.
11. Sun rooms. A sun room is a top dream or added bonus for many homeowners, however folks are finding ways to carve out a special sun-drenched, well lite corner in their homes.
Message from Karen:
If you are thinking of Buying, click on the button below (Click here to search ALL listings) and start searching all the available homes for sale in ALL of Greater Louisville and surrounding counties. If you find anything of interest and would like to check it out, just call, text or email me and I would be happy to set up an appointment for you to check out the property.
If you are thinking of selling, call me for a FREE home evaluation in your neighborhood, from staging, pricing, housing values, interest rates, how appraisers are valuing properties, now that the guidelines have changed. I would love to sit down and talk with you. Just call me and let me know how I can help with your real estate needs, buying or selling or both. I give exclusive representation. If you are not sure whether you want to sell for fear of not finding that perfect larger home, click on the Search All Area Listings properties below and start searching the areas and see what is out there. I do have a list of contractors whether you decide to remodel or purchase or both. I can supply you with a list of contractors. I would be honored and happy to help you.
Karen Rodriguez, Broker/Owner of Kentucky Life Realty
Notary, ABR, AHWD, CRS, e-Pro, GRI, SFR